* if you tell the police officer you “have to go potty really really bad, can I go inside while you write my ticket…” you most likely won’t get a ticket.
* leaving the top down on your convertible overnight is never a good idea when it’s supposed to rain.
* having a puppy is kinda like having a kid. It’s great practice.
* traveling, whether to the next city, county or country, is the key to sanity.
* traveling with someone you enjoy spending time with doubles the pleasure.
* don’t volunteer to stay in the same room as your two youngest nieces when the whole family goes on vacation. You will get zero sleep.
* volunteer to stay in the same room as your two youngest nieces when the whole family goes on vacation. Your heart will burst with love.
* brothers don’t appreciate you trying to find them a good Greek girl.
* having a lot of kids runs in the family’s DNA.
* going to the grandparents and parents house just to eat good Greek food still counts as “visiting the family.”
* ignoring your mother’s text messages is not a good idea.
ABOUT MY CAREER:
* admitting that I hardly ever watch tv freaks people out.
* putting a sales job behind you to pursue broadcast didn’t make financial sense but emotionally and professionally, it was a great move.
* having someone tell you they want to get in the business after watching you on-air is a very humbling moment.
* once you do this long enough, you start to play devil’s advocate and tend to look at things more objectively in general.
* wearing my hair up looks horrible on camera.
* when someone doesn’t understand how I can report for a parenting show if I don’t have children, ask them how can a reporter report on crime without being a criminal? or on politics without being a politician?
* city council meetings in Troy are NEVER boring. Although sometimes you wish they were.
* the political races in Troy this November have a lot of good looking guys from both sides of the aisle.
* there are always two sides to every story.
* getting political signs planted in your yard that you never asked for equals as garage sale signs once you’ve spray painted them.
* having a few good, close friends is way better than having a lot of acquaintances/facebook friends.
* never ask what a poke means. You don’t want to know the answer.
* don’t feel bad about ignoring game, or even, friend requests.
* it’s okay to not let people tag you, check you into places or know every tiny detail going on in your life.
* blocking people who continually post negative updates is okay.
* correcting someone’s spelling on Facebook is addictive.
ABOUT HAVING A CONSIGNMENT SHOP:
* multi-tasking on some days means sitting outside on the front steps with tanning oil and a good book in hand.
* threatening the neighborhood kids to behave actually works.
* having a dog with you at the shop is better than a chime at the front door.
* you can re-arrange the furniture/displays/racks as much as you’d like at any moment’s notice.
* being surrounded by beautiful clothes never gets tiring.
* how to reel in a really really big fish.
* going fishing with a strong guy who has really big muscles doesn’t mean he’ll reel in the fish for you no matter how much you whine that it’s “too heavy” and your arms “hurt really really bad.” He would make a bad police officer.
* multitasking on some days means putting the fishing rod in it’s holder and sleeping under the sun’s rays with tanning oil slathered on.
* guys take their fishing very seriously.
* but really it’s all about one jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other end!!